Peak-TiqueThe Apex PEAK-TIQUE Antiques and Collectibles Festival is being organized and managed jointly by the Apex Downtown Business Association, the Apex Historical Society and the Town of Apex, located in the parking area behind the Tobacco & Mule Exchange and Salem Street Promenade. Thirteen antique dealers from North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee will be there with a lot of tent space full of great antiques. For more information, check out the Apex Peak-Tique website at www.apexpeaktique.com.
Tickets are $5 per day; $8 for a two-day pass; and children 12 and under are free. Tickets will be available at the event.
Founders DayThe fourth annual Apex Founders Day will be Saturday April 8th from 9am to 5pm in Historic Downtown Apex. There is NO parade but there will be a large area – at the Apex Chamber of Commerce parking lot – where exhibits and demonstrations will be set up.
Some of the activities in the Apex Chamber of Commerce parking area include:
- Antique Cars
- Civil War Reenactors
- Revolutionary War Reenactors
- Chuck Wagon & Dutch oven cooking
- Vintage Police Equipment
- Antique Fire Engine
- Special guest speakers:
- Apex Mayor Lance Olive (How the Town of Apex grew – 9:30 to 10:30am)
- WRAL Meteorolgist Greg Fishel (How weather forecasting came about through the years – 11:00am to 12 noon)
- Apex Ambassador J.C. Knowles (The history of our State Capital in Raleigh – 2:00 to 3:00pm)
- Quilters Guild
- Woodturners Guild
- Activities for the kids